In the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, SDG&E put emergency customer protections in place to help ease the financial burden many Southern Californians were suddenly feeling. The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) has extended the emergency customer protections to June 30, 2021. Normal business operations will resume on July 1, 2021.
- If you have a past due account balance, SDG&E encourages you to set up a flexible payment plan. Credit and collections activities will resume on July 1, 2021. You can set up payment arrangements online on My Account or through the SDG&E mobile app. Visit sdge.com/assistance for more information.
- From monthly discounts to one-time payment assistance, SDG&E has different programs available to help manage bills. Visit sdge.com/assistance.
- Renters impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic may qualify for rent and utility payment assistance. Call 2-1-1 or visit sandiegocounty.gov to learn more.
- If you are currently a CARE or FERA customer, you may also be eligible for debt forgiveness. Visit sdge.com/AMP to find out if you qualify.
- Program recertifications and verifications for CARE, FERA and Medical Baseline will resume on July 1, 2021. SDG&E will notify you via email or mail if additional documentation is needed.
To see how SDG&E can help, visit sdge.com/covid and answer a few easy questions.
If you are an SDG&E business customer, normal credit and collection practices are scheduled to resume July 1, 2021. Avoid disconnection and set up a payment plan and rest easy knowing you’re covered. Visit sdge.com/recovery to learn more.